Saturday, May 30, 2009

Our Family

A little bit about us...

My name is Annissa, I am a (cough) 30 - something Mom of 4 very active boys!! I am married to a great man named Dennis. He recently returned to school to follow his dream - of becoming a Chef - after getting bitten by the economy bug! He is also working part time. I am a photographer, a writer, and avid TV tuner-inner ... ha ha ... I scrapbook, I do all sorts of creative stuff... Dennis calls me the creative wonder sometimes. We have been married for over 2 years ... he is the answer to my prayers after my 10 year marriage ended in a much needed divorce. I have several different blogs under another account. Dennis is starting a blog of his own to talk about food and such. He also has a 4 year old daughter from a previous relationship.

Our oldest is 13, Calahan ... he is homeschooled, and just recently broke his first bone! He loves video games and gets that love from his Dads (yes, both of them) ... he also loves cars and reading. His biggest passion is Killer Whales. He hopes to someday work with them. In 2006 one of his dreams came true when we took a cruise out of Washington State into Canadian waters to see the whales! And we did! He has a slight interest in photography and is over all just looking forward to homeschooling. Calahan has ADHD and some other LD's that we are trying to deal with. Over all, he is just a great kid who loves to help out in whatever way he can, as long as they aren't his chores! He loves his little brothers.

Our 2nd oldest is Noah ... he was 1lb 12oz when he was born, and has come a long way - I was told he wouldn't survive the pregnancy or if he did that he would die shortly after birth. I kept faith that I would love him for whatever time I had him. He was born with a rare genetic disorder (happens the same way as Down's Syndrome but completely different symptoms) .. I was told he would be so mentally and physically delayed it wouldn't "be worth it" ... but I held onto all the hope I could. Although he had a lot of medical stuff going on, looking at him now - you would have no idea anything was wrong with him unless I told you his story. Because of some minor medical issues, we are still debating homeschooling him or not, he is in public school right now but is slightly behind (he does have hearing loss which makes it hard for him to really retain anything when he is processing things differently due to that.) ... Noah's interests are broad right now. He likes most things you would think little boys like. Right now he wants to grow up to be a cop!

Next comes Nathan, Dennis' and my first baby together (all our children are loved the same though, by both of us) ... he is 2 years old and our sick baby. We have been through so much with him the past couple years - he was born with a cyst in his brain, also had a cleft palate (now closed), and now he has been diagnosised with slight scoliosis, Failure to Thrive (15 lbs at the age of 2), migraines, severel seasonal allergies ... and we are waiting for results on possible Russle Silver Syndrome and possible more social form of Autism. It doesn't matter what he is going through though, he is the most loveable little boy. He can have you grinning and laughing in no time when he is being his goofy self.


Kaedyn is our baby! He is currently awaiting his 1st Birthday in September, which will be 9-9-09! What a date for a 1st birthday, huh? I think his lucky number should be 9, personally! He is such a joy to have around! Dennis and I often find ourselves saying "he is the best baby" ... teehee.. I'm sure that he'll make up for it later. Kaedyn's biggest interests at this time is to hit his milestones at warp speed. He cut is first two teeth, started sitting up (if someone put him that way), and belly crawling all in one week. The following week he learned how to sit up on his own (from belly to sit, all by himself), and to get up on all fours and rock, and NOW he is working on crawling. Oye! Someone stop him!! I want to enjoy my baby just a little bit longer!
That is a little bit about our family.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Annissa,
    Cute family! I grabbed your button for my site and I hope you will grab mine. I am also following both of your blogs. You can find me at: http://writemoms.blogspot.com
    Cheers,
    DeAnna

    ReplyDelete